One of the things people have said they missed most about closed bars was drinking draft beer. Even most breweries stopped filling growlers and selling draft beer to consumers directly earlier in the pandemic. While a majority of spots have reopened, many people are not dining/drinking on premises (or not that often). So, to get your draft beer fix, and in honor of DC Beer Week, here’s an incomplete (send me your updates) list of spots that do sell draft beer to go. I”m mostly focusing on spot you can order online or call. beer brands offered as representative at of Sept 2020]
Last Updated: Sept 27, 2020
- H Street/NoMa
- Fresca: 16 oz.: $7.50 Solace Double IPA, Ocelot Pilsner , $5.50 Port City Porter/Dos Equis
- The Big Board: 20 oz, 32 oz BYO growler, 64 oz BYO growler (might be able to purchase glass):
- Haymaker Bar: $10 32 oz (Kona, Blue Point, Goose Island, Victory, Hoegaarden) Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest, Deschutes Black Butte Porter, Solace Partly Cloudy, New Belgium Bohemian Pils, New Belgium Voodoo Ranger, Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose, Jailbreak Feed The Monkey, Union Duckpin
- Biergarten Haus: $10 32 oz mason jars (around 12 German beers)
- Duffy’s: $16-24 32 oz growlers (Miller Lite, Bold Rock Cider, Hellbender Red Line)
- Fare Well: 64 oz growlers. $25 Appalachian Divide Blonde Ale, RAR Groove City; $35 Union Divine IPA
- The Queen Vic: $32 64 oz growlers (15% discount for pickup), $18 32 oz growlers. Several British and Irish beers.
- Red Bear Brewing: $12-13 32 oz crowler cans or BYO growlers, mostly $16.50-18.50 64 oz BYO growlers ($9 for glass)
- CR NoMa: $8-9 16 oz, $16 32 oz growler, $32 64 oz growler. Includes Atlas Bullpen Pilsner, Upland Petal to the Kettle, Diamondback Green Machine
- Capitol Hill/Barracks Row/Navy Yard
- Cafe Berlin: $5-8 12 oz (3 varieties of German beer), $25-30 64 oz growler fills ($5 for glass) (7 varieties of German beer
- Shelter at The Roost: roughly 20 beers on draft. Can get $3 tasters and $7-9 full size.
- Valor Brew Pub: growlers of in-house brewed
- Atlas Brew Works: (Mostly $12) 32 oz crowlers.
- Adams Morgan/Dupont/Shaw/Logan/U Street/Bloomingdale/Woodley Park
- The Blaguard: $4 16 oz, $8 32 oz (Bud Light, Guinness, Bold Rock Cider, Port City Optimal Wit Bell’s Oberon, Great Lakes Porter, Red Bear Sour, PBR, Brau Pils, Hellbender Red Line Ale, Right Proper Raised by Wolves)
- Grand Central: 16 oz drafts to go
- Franklin Hall: Mostly $12.50-15.50 32 oz Franklin Hall branded growlers (bring it back for $2 off). Includes rice krispy treat. About 22 brands.
- Right Proper Shaw: $8 1L BYO growler fill (select in-house beers), $17 64 oz BYO growler fill (+$5 for screw top growler)
- Service Bar: Possibly $6-8 pints
- Boundary Stone: mostly $7-8 pints, $12 32 oz BYO growler, $27 64 oz BYO growler (add $5 for 32 or 64 oz glass. Guinness, Optimal Wit, Raised by Wolves, Corruption, Old Pro, Manor Hill Pilsner
- Macintyre’s (Woodley Park): Mostly $7-8 pints. Mostly $28-30 64 oz growlers. 14 beers
- Logan Tavern: $3-$3.50 pints, $6 32 oz. BYO growler, $12 64 oz BYO growler (+$6 for glass) (DB Vienna Lager, FD Snake Dog IPA, Optimal Wit)
- Commissary: $4 pints, $7 32 oz. BYO growler, $14(?) 64 oz BYO growler (+$6 for glass) (Allagash White, Goose IPA, Great Lakes Dortmunder, Hellbender Koslch
- The Pig: $12 BYO 32 oz growler, $18 BYO 64 oz growler (+$6 for glass) (RP Lil Wit, Sly Fox Saison, Peak HH Pils, Lost Rhino Finale Gilde, Brau Session IPA, FD Bloodline IPA, Union Craft Rye Baby IPA
- Lost and Found: Mostly $10-11 32 oz growlers. Also pints
- Columbia Heights/Park VIew/Petworth/Manor Park/Takoma/Brightwood Park
- Lou’s City Bar: Pints to go
- Homestead: $4 16 oz, $8 32 oz (Flying Dog The Truth, RP Raised by Wolves, Optimal Wit, RP Haxan, Red Bear Mystic Storm, Bold Rock, Oliver Oatmeal Stout, Atlas Blood Orange, 3 Stars Peppercorn Saison, Denizens Big Red Norm, DC Brau Joint Resolution)
- Midlands: Mostly $18 32 oz growlers, mostly $28 64 oz growlers (about 8-9 options)
- Moreland’s Tavern: $25 BYO 64 oz growlers (+$5 for glass) (Sloop Juice Bomb, Corruption, Dance of Days, Founders Porter, Allagash White, Magners Cider, Denizen’s Born Bohemian, Union Oktoberfest). Pints available to go apparently.
- 3 Stars Brewing: $12 32 oz crowlers
- Hellbender: $11-15 crowlers available
- Carving Room MVT: $7-8 pints, $14-16 32 oz growlers
- Brookland/Ivy City/Woodridge
- Brookland Pint: BYO 32 oz and 64 oz growler fills of often-hard-to-find beer. stop in or call 202-758-2757
- DC Brau: select 32 oz crowlers available
- Atlas Brew Works: Mostly $12 32 oz crowlers.
Most grocery/liquor stores have discontinued growlers for the time being but it looks like these spots may be offering.
- Sherry’s (Woodley Park): 5 options for $9-13 32/ $19-23 64
- World Wine (Hill East)
Leave a Reply