Fresh off the success of the first Barred in DC Bus Tour (recap), Barred in DC will be hosting and leading yet another free bar tour using public transportation on Saturday, December 7th, from 2pm until 8pm. This time we will be using the D.C. Circulator bus, taking the Woodley Park – Adams Morgan – McPherson Square Metro route. We’ll start off in Downtown near K Street, go up to U Street, and end up in Adams Morgan.
As it will be the last day of the college football regular season, I will combining 3 of my favorite things (bars, public transport & college football) – everyone is encouraged to don their favorite team’s or alma mater’s apparel or colors. Of course, everybody is welcome; if you’re not a sports fan, feel free to wear whatever or your favorite band/novelist/artist/designer apparel.
Details below, which will be continually updated as the event nears:
Free to join in. You’ll need around $3 on your SmartTrip card to take the Circulator, which is only a buck a ride! (Pro tip: free transfers within 2 hours each time we disembark).
Stops (times and bars are tentative)
Maddy’s Taproom (Downtown): 2-3:45p
- Specials: $2 off all draft beers (except PBR), $5 select wines & rail drinks
- newish spot with around 40 beers on tap & another 35+ in beers/cans (same folks behind original Maddy’s in Dupont)
- 1100 13th St. NW (13th & L NW)
Touchdown Sports Bar & Grill (U Street): 4p-5:45p
- Specials: $3 PBR/Bud/Bud Light/Miller Lite/Natty Boh/Schaefer Lager bottles, $6 beer & shot combo, food specials
- cozy off-the-radar three-floor sports bar (in old Momo’s space)
- 1334 U St NW
Ventnor Sports Cafe (Adams Morgan): 6p-8p
- Special (just for us): $3.50 Bud Light bottles
- solid 2-level neighborhood sports bar in Adams Morgan
- 2411 18th St. NW (18th & Belmont NW)
RSVP (not required)
Facebook page here.
Hope you can join us and definitely feel free to invite both friends and strangers. See you there!