As always Free to join in. You’ll need around $5 on your SmartTrip card to take the bus (Pro tip: free transfers within 2 hours each time we disembark).
[NOTE: THE SECOND STOP HAS BEEN CHANGED TO INCLUDE OFFICIAL DC BEER WEEK EVENT]
Stops (times are tentative):
City Tap House (Chinatown): 4:30-5:40p
- ~40 beers on tap, 2 on cask (recent list here)
- classier outpost from Philly opened in 2014
- Try the 3 Stars/City Tap House Persica Rising collaboration peach saison
- Specials for the bus bar crawl only: select drafts for $5, house wine for $6, shot n beer for $7
- 901 9th St NW (at I St)
Sauf Haus Bier Hall & Garten (Dupont): 6-7:30p
- Devil’s Backbone Brewing Co. “Deutschland in Dupont” tap takeover event
- 16 taps all from Devil’s Backbone, the wildly popular and critically adored central Virginia brewery
- Favorites: Vienna Lager, Gold Leaf Lager, and Schwartz Bier
- Rarities created at Devil’s Backbone’s brewpub: Scuttlebutt Kolsch, UR-Pils, Coe-habitation, Morana Dark Lager, Berliner Metro Weiss, Cran Gose, Maibock, Tommy Two Fists and Alt Bier.
- Non-German: Danzig Baltic Porter, Trail Angel Weiss, Turbo Cougar and Beta Max.
- an official DC Beer Week event
- 2 story bar with rooftop beer garden
- 1216 18th St NW (at Jefferson & Connecticut Ave. NW)
Glen’s Garden Market (Dupont): 7:35-8:40p
- 8 beers on tap (recent list here)
- Unique grocery + market + beer cafe focusing on local products
- ALL drafts are $4
- Featuring Hellbender Beer’s Solidarity Summer ‘Red, White & Gluten’ as well as 2 Atlas Brew Works selections
- 2001 S St. NW
Smoke & Barrel (Adams Morgan): 8:45-10p
- 24 beers on tap (+ cask) (recent list here)
- great BBQ spot; sister establishments are fellow great beer bars Meridian Pint & Brookland Pint
- 2471 18th St. NW (at Columbia Rd.)
* Barred in DC did not pony up the $100 to make this an official DC Beer Week event, but we’re not going to get sued.