Mayor Bowser announced today that DC is moving into phase 2 of the reopening starting effective Monday, June 21th (joining Montgomery County the previous Friday, 10 days after NoVa, and a week after PG County).
The Mayor issued a Phase 2 order (which followed this presentation, as well as guidelines, plus ABRA rules, and FAQ. Phase 2 will allow the following
Gatherings of 50 people or less Allowed (unless otherwise allowed. Does not apply to federal property)
Mask rules unchanged
Restaurants, Breweries, Bars, Distilleries
- Indoor seating allowed (no standing) at 50% capacity with 6 foot buffer between parties (not just tables, but between patrons)
- Restaurant staff and people sitting outside don’t count
- Outdoor seating continues (with same 6 foot safeguards)
- Seating at bar itself permitted but with 6 feet between parties AND when there’s no bartender working at that bar
- So basically only for places that have multiple bars, and you have to mark if open for service or not
- Limit of 6 people seated at a table or joined table
- Communal tables can be used but need to demarcate 6 feet between groups
- No indoor queuing
- Food must continue to be purchased by each table
- Each spot will continue to have to offer at least 3 food items
- No self-serve buffet
- Dancing, darts, pool, other games will remain prohibited
- Live music not allowed
- Must close at midnight (if sell alcohol), both indoors and outdoors
- Gyms/workout studios (including in apartments/condo buildings) can open at very limited capacity (5 people/1000 SF).
- Classes must keep 10 foot buffer.
- No locker rooms, showering
- 10 feet between equipment
- Apartment/condo/gym pools may open (but not hotel pools)
- Management must establish and enforce written infection plan
- Mandatory sign-in (date, time, apt number, cell phone bumber)
- Residents only
- Unannounced inspections by DCRA and DOH
- DPR pools open for lessons and lap swimming and other structured activities sometime after July 15th.
- No deck lingering except during mandatory rest period
- 6 feet buffer
- All retailers can open for indoor shopping,
- though ones that were closed during stay-at-home order can only open at 50% capacity
- Nail/wax salon/spas/tattoos/threading open by appointment only at 6 feet apart (no waiting)
- previously only barbershops and hair salons
- Playgrounds open
- Libraries will reopen in certain areas at 50% capacity. Time limits likely.
- Museums/art galleries/National Zoo can reopen with capacity limits and physical distancing measures
- guided tours not allowed in most situations
- sneeze guards/protective barriers at ticket booths
- Cannot allow more than 50 people in any self-contained exhibit hall/room
- No standing receptions
- Childcare can reopen to same staff/child capacity as prior to pandemic
- Camps can open to max 10 people in single indoor space at a time.
- Churches/places of worship go up to 100 people or 50% capacity, whichever is less. 10 person max groups 6 feet from other groups.
- must clean between services
- Encouraged take reservations and assign seats
- Real estate open houses allowed
- no more than 50 people
- agents/hosts should take names
- Theaters, cinemas, entertainment venues can apply for waiver to hold an event
Must Stay Closed:
- Hookah/cigar bars must be closed
- Hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms at gyms or residential buildings
- No guided tours or large tour groups
- Spray parks
Leave a Reply